Thursday, March 3, 2011

Conscience, the soft whispers of the God in man


Life of my life, i shall ever try to keep my body pure, knowing that thy living touch is upon all my limbs.

I shall ever try to keep all untruths out from my thoughts, knowing that thou art that truth whhich has kindled the light of reason in my mind. i shall ever try to drive all evils away from my heart and keep my love in flower, knowing that thou hast thy seat in the inmost shrine of my heart. And it shall be my endeavor to reveal thee in my actions, knowing it is thy power gives me strength to act.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O my mind, let us go Home -

Why do you Roam?

The Earth, that Foreign Land

And Wear its Alien Garb?

These senses, these elements

Are strangers; none is your Own...

Why do you forget Yourself

Falling in love with Strangers?

O my mind, why do you

Forget your Own...


Beyond the bounds of life and death,
There thou stand, Oh! my friend.
Beyond the bounds of life and death,
In the forlorn azure of my bosom
Thy resplendent throne deck in light fulsome.
Betwixt the abysmal chasm of my desires,
Beneath the floating veil of joy and delectation
I look at thee spellbound with my arms wide open.


Thy secluded darkness in its nocturnal trod,
spread the world with beatific obscurity,
Thy secluded darkness in its nocturnal trod,
spread the world with beatific obscurity,
what mystic tune of thee pour from thy lyre!
Swelling the blue realm with deep desires.
The earth melts in thy enigmatic accord,
Losing itself in the pain thy harmony.


'What is to be done when on certain occasions we cannot avoid being in
the company of bad people? You should not show contempt or
indifference.Be wide-awake and raise a strong mental barrier within
you.Protect yourself with an inner shield.Do vigorous self-analysis
and try to keep out the bad impressions before they gain permanent
lodgement within.A true spiritual aspirant always discriminates.It is
a habit with him.You should always be in a mood to rush towards
God.Follow the example of the baby kangaroo.When the baby kangaroo
senses danger it jumps into it's mother's pouch and is off.So also we
must learn to run into the arms of the Divine whenever there is
danger.'
-Swami Yatiswaranandaji( Meditation and Spiritual Life)

1 comment: